As a space administrator, you are able to create groups within your wiki space. Groups can help when assigning permissions to different areas of your space. For example, imagine you have 3 groups of five and need to assign each group a page to work on.
- Within your space n the bottom of the left-hand column click Space Tools, and then select Custom Space User Management from the menu that pops up.
- On the Custom Space User Management page, click the button that says Create Group.
- This will bring up a pop-up box that will allow you to name your group, which can be used to refer to the group within the space. It will also generate a preview of the name that can be used to refer to the group throughout the entire wiki.
- Type in the group name and then click Create.
- To add users to a group, select the group and then click the Add User button. From this point you can add users by their hawkid.
- When your groups are populated, you must give the group the appropriate permissions within the space. To do this click the Permissions tab at the top of the page. Find the group you created and click Edit Permissions. This will allow you to choose which permissions the members of the group have.
Congratulations! You have successfully added groups and given the groups permissions to the space!