One of the great features of the wiki is the ability to collaborate with individuals outside of the university. If a person does not have a HawkID, they can sign up for a guest account. This account can then be given permissions to access and edit wiki spaces.
- To sign up for a guest account, visit the wiki dashboard (https://wiki.uiowa.edu).
- Select the 'Sign Up' link in the upper navigation menu (next to the wiki search field).
- Complete the wiki account form and select the 'Sign up' button.
- You will be redirect to the wiki home page. Notice that the 'Log in' and 'Sign Up' links have disappeared, replaced by the user menus.
- After a guest account has been created, it can be assigned permissions to wiki spaces just like a HawkID account. To do so, view the tutorial on editing space permissions.
- The next time a guest user returns to the wiki, they will need to sign in by clicking the 'Log In' link in the upper navigation menu.