Auditions will be Saturday, December 7. For more information & to sign up for auditions, go to: 04. Ten Minute Play Festival 2020
11-21-19: Scripts have been saved to this post as Attachments. Click the three dots in the upper-right corner and click "Attachments". These scripts are also available in the Theatre Main Office for perusal. Auditions will be Dec. 7-8.
Thank you to everyone who submitted a play for our 23rd Annual Ten Minute Play Festival! Here are this year's selections:
Ten Minute Plays 2020
The Roommates by Cheyenne Hartfield
Onions, A Ten Minute Play by Olivia Schneider
Earth Magic by Sarah Weeks
Familiar Faces by Brocklund Larson
Thirteenth Story by Kjistine Peterson
Encounters in the Moment by Brett Shaw
Scouts by Jivani Rodriguez
We’re Not in Greece Anymore: An Antigone Story by Kate George
Semifera by Brigid Martin
Space Debris by Sarah Weeks
Accidents Happen by Kyle Petrie
Lunar Gravity by Fran Guo
Thank you to our panel of judges: Morgan Grambo, Dakota Parobek, and S.P. O’Brien. Auditions will be December 7-8.
The 23rd annual Department of Theatre Arts Ten-Minute Play Festival will be February 13-16, 2020 in the MacVey Theatre.
Play submission is open to all undergraduates who will be enrolled BOTH fall and spring semesters.
- Scripts may be submitted beginning Friday, October 18th until 4:30pm Monday, November 4th. No plays will be accepted after the deadline.
- Selections will be announced Friday, November 18th.Auditions will be held Saturday and Sunday, December 7th and 8th.
Plays should be submitted to the Theatre Department Office (107 TB). Please be sure to follow the submission guidelines:
- Only undergraduate students may submit plays. You do not need to be a theatre major or have taken a playwriting class in order to submit. You must be enrolled as an undergraduate for both the fall (’19) and spring (‘20) semesters.
- Playwrights may submit up to two separate plays for consideration.
- Submit two hard copies of each script. Scripts must be bound (separately) and have a separate title page with the name of the playwright, and the playwright’s phone number and email address. The playwright’s name should not appear on any other page of the script. The cover page will be removed from the script, so make sure the title of the play is on the script.
- Proper playwriting format should be used. If you are uncertain about this format, please consult The Dramatists Sourcebook or talk to any of the department’s playwriting instructors. Use a 12-point font.
- Scripts should be no longer than 10 pages in length. Pages must be numbered. Please include a list of characters and a brief description of the setting. This does not count in the page total.
- TIP: Because of the nature of this festival, it is impossible to produce plays with complicated technical demands. Plays with simpler production requirements have a better chance of being selected.
- Scripts may be submitted any time prior to 4:30 PM on Monday, Nov. 4th. Submitted scripts should go into the appropriate box in the theatre office (107 TB). No script will be accepted after the deadline.
- If selected, the playwright agrees to attend auditions, rehearsals, and meetings. Playwrights may be asked by the artistic director to make slight revisions in the script.
Questions? Contact Ten-Minute Play Festival Coordinator Kristen Hartsgrove Mooers, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hartsgrove Mooers, Kristy L
The scripts have been saved here as attachments! They will also be available for perusal in the theatre office.