While the wiki keeps revision history for all changes, there are several reasons you may want to create a backup of your space. This may include exporting to another site, keeping a backup before deleting your space, or just as a precautionary measure. To create a backup of your wiki space, follow these steps:
- On the bottom left of the space, click on Space Tools and select Content Tools.
Click on the Export tab.
- There are three export (backup) options for wiki spaces:
- PDF - does not include comments or attachments
- HTML - does not include attachments
- XML - includes both comments and attachments (if selected), and can be re-imported to another space in Confluence.
- These directions will cover XML Exports, as the process is the same for all three, albeit with less options.
- Select 'XML Export' under the Export category.
- There are two options for XML export: a Full Export, which includes all pages in a space (including those that are not visible to you), and a Custom Export that allows you to export select pages.
- If you select Custom Export you will be able to choose individual pages to export, and choose whether to include comments on those pages or not.
- After selecting the options you would like, click the 'Export' button.
- Depending on the size of your wiki you may need to wait between one and twenty minutes.
Only one export can be running at the same time. You cannot export two spaces at the same time in the same browser.
- When the export is complete, select the download 'here' link.
- Your export will download as a xml.zip file which can be imported into another Confluence space.